POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Re: Running POV from another app without the editor coming up in the Windows Ve= : Re: Running POV from another app without the editor coming up in the Windows Ve= Server Time
1 Jul 2024 01:28:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Running POV from another app without the editor coming up in the Windows Ve=
From: Tom Galvin
Date: 1 Mar 2003 16:20:38
Message: <Xns9331A60974A0Etomatimporg@204.213.191.226>
"Thorsten Froehlich" <tho### [at] trfde> wrote in

> Well, while it isn't my decision (for Windows), I think it isn't a
> good idea to provide this as an official version.  It far too easily
> opens the door to abuse, and those few who say they need it most of
> the time don't really know why they _don't_ need it.  They simply
> didn't read in the manual carefully enough to know how to achieve 99%
> of what they want with the GUI version only version already.
>
>     Thorsten

IMHO, and based on the postings on this server, I think that for the most
part the folks asking for this have read the docs, and they want to be able
to "externally" automate the render process when creating animations.
There are no intentions of abuse, just trying to make animation easier and
more flexible.  Currently there are just four options available.

1) Use a custom compile
2) Write a GUI-extension
3) Shell-out to Operating System
4) run pvengine.exe with /exit