POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Problem: Bad code causes access violation exception : Problem: Bad code causes access violation exception Server Time
4 Aug 2024 22:16:19 EDT (-0400)
  Problem: Bad code causes access violation exception
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 24 Jan 2003 11:24:33
Message: <Xns930DB1A9241CEtorolavk@204.213.191.226>
This (bad) code;

#declare AA = array[1] { x }
#declare AA = #declare AA[0] = y;
#declare AA = #declare AA[0] = z;

plane { y, 0 }

- results in this error message:

"The POV-Ray core rendering code caused an access violation exception."

- when I run it in POV-Ray for Windows v3.5

POV-Ray is not shut down after this error
message (and is able to render other scenes
correctly).

Can anyone else confirm this behaviour ?

My PC runs Win98 SE and has a 166MHz MMX
Pentium processor with 96MB of RAM.

Tor Olav