POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : Quantum Waves in Media : Re: Quantum Waves in Media - 1 attachment Server Time
6 May 2024 13:39:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Quantum Waves in Media - 1 attachment
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 13 Jan 2003 18:13:30
Message: <Xns93032CBAD891torolavk@204.213.191.226>
"Jaap Frank" <jjf### [at] xs4allnl> wrote in news:3e2331c4$1@news.povray.org:

> "Tor Olav Kristensen" <tor### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> news:Xns### [at] 204213191226...
>> But what happened to pow(2, v) ?
>>
>> Is it taken care of somewhere else ?
>>

>> Tor Olav
>
> I'm afraid your totally right. It's missing.
> I've put pow(2,v)* in front of the rest and rendered
> the last file again. I suspected a difference but there's
> not the slightest difference! This picture is with n = 10,
> so all the constants are used.

OK.  That's good.

> BTW, are you interested in the original functions?
> The first part of the radial part of the function I've
> reorganised, because a couple of variables occur
> several times and this is gives a faster code.

Jaap, I must admit that I know almost
nothing about quantum mechanics. So I
don't really understand the formulas
that I now have modified.

But apart from that; Yes I would like
to have a look at the original functions.
Just because I'm curious !

I have now had time to do some opti-
mizations to the math part of your
code, but I'm afraid the speed
increase are rather modest.

You can find the changes in the
attatched .pov-file.

Please feel free to ask if you wan't me
to comment on any of the changes.

Note that there are a few more small
changes that could be done to your code
to make it a little simpler.

> With respect for your thorough checking,

I'm happy that I could help you :)

Tor Olav

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'H_Wave_Functions_v4_1_mod.pov.txt' (5 KB)