POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Pixar patent infringement involves anti-aliasing : Re: Pixar patent infringement involves anti-aliasing Server Time
5 Aug 2024 16:15:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pixar patent infringement involves anti-aliasing
From: Philippe Lhoste
Date: 12 Nov 2002 12:06:27
Message: <Xns92C4B7F09E1D1PhiLho@204.213.191.226>
"Tom Melly" <tom### [at] tomandlucouk> wrote in news:3dd120ea@news.povray.org:

> Hoover ripped off Dyson and the fight went on for years - now Dyson
> were by then a large enough company to last the distance, but as an
> example of a simple and obvious infringement turning into a protracted
> series of legal challenges it's very depressing.

Yes, seeing vacuum cleaner companies fight is quite depressing...

Mmm, I don't know if this pun is funny in English... That's the problem
with making puns in a foreign language, I can get the pronunciation wrong
("better strafe than sorry" wasn't successful...) or even the meaning
(here?).

--
Philippe Lhoste (Paris -- France)