POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Windows XP question, kinda dumb : Re: Windows XP question, kinda dumb Server Time
1 Jul 2024 02:24:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Windows XP question, kinda dumb
From: Tom Galvin
Date: 27 Oct 2002 13:47:25
Message: <Xns92B48C4734A43tomatimporg@204.213.191.226>
> I haven't tried the recovery console yet. If that fails, I'll mount
> the hard drive on another machine and do it there. If *that* fails,
> I'll burn a bootable CD with a Linux kernel supporting NTFS and give
> that a shot. *That* will surely work :)

Sorry, that probably won't work either.  Notepad.exe is considered a system
file, and as such is covered by Windows File Protection.  See
http://www.techspot.com/tweaks/wfp/index.shtml for a good description.  You
can get around it.  Either Disable WFP

http://www.winguides.com/registry/display.php/790

or replace notepad.exe in the cache with your text editor and modify the
registry in a few places and dance around naked sprinking chicken blood.

;)
Tom