POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : Palette Tool For Windows : Re: Palette Tool For Windows Server Time
8 Jul 2024 17:22:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Palette Tool For Windows
From: Philippe Lhoste
Date: 17 Oct 2002 10:23:03
Message: <Xns92AAA66E557D6PhiLho@204.213.191.226>
>>hope that you can add a colormap editor to it as well
>>
>>Welgan wrote in message <365B72A4.2DB2FA0D[at]telusplanet.net>...
>>>I made a small Windows utility that I find useful for povray.
>>>If you add it on to your tool menu, it will bring up the Window's
>>>colour palette and allow you to select a colour.  It then puts
>>>your colour on the clipboard in the form of:
>>>
>>>rgb<0.2509,0.5019,0.5019>
>>>
>>>so you can paste it into your code.
>>>
>>>As an added plus, it was written in assembler, so the file size is only
>>>891 bytes zipped :)
>>>
>>>http://www.telusplanet.net/public/brbi/povutil/pal2pov.zip
>>>
>>>Bug reports are always welcome in an odd sort of way.
>>>
>>>Cyrus

I have found an interesting color picker, that, unlike most others, is
able to export RGB float values, among a lot of other formats.
It is quite small, and even comes with a DLL and a .lib file to integrate
it to other applications. Maybe it could be a good idea for a GUI
extension, it that's what I think it is...

http://www.fluidstudios.com/freeware.html

--
Philippe Lhoste (Paris -- France)