POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : MIKA POV 4 Windows, editor glitch? : Re: MIKA POV 4 Windows, editor glitch? Server Time
2 Jul 2024 23:31:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MIKA POV 4 Windows, editor glitch?
From: Philippe Lhoste
Date: 3 Oct 2002 07:30:49
Message: <Xns929C8940FAEADPhiLho@204.213.191.226>
Marc Champagne <nos### [at] pleasecom> wrote in
news:Xns### [at] 204213191226:

> "Constrain Caret to Text" did the trick, I have seen this option a many
> of times and even looked it up in the help a few times but was unable to
> figure out what it meant. (Caret=Cursor).

That's called "Virtual Space"... Ie. the caret moves freely in the window
space, and if you start to type while on the left of a line end, the editor
will add spaces to fill the gap.
I don't like this mode, so I set the above option as soon as I can...
Now, other people like it, as they hate to see the caret jumps from a line
end to another. This is a feature request for Scintilla, but nobody seems in
a hurry to implement it :-)

Note: caret != cursor, at least on GUI environments (it may be true on Dos
without mouse support...).
Cursor = mouse position indicator.
Caret  = current text input position.

--