POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray SDL keyword list : Re: POV-Ray SDL keyword list Server Time
5 Aug 2024 10:20:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray SDL keyword list
From: Philippe Lhoste
Date: 2 Oct 2002 12:46:58
Message: <Xns929BBEDDD99DAPhiLho@204.213.191.226>
"Robert Chaffe" <rob### [at] earthlinknet> wrote in

> "Philippe Lhoste" <Phi### [at] GMXnet> wrote in message
> news:Xns### [at] 204213191226...
>> I have built a list of POV-Ray keywords, the first step toward a
>> Scintilla lexer.
>> My script extracted from
>> the HTML file all words in bold (between <b> and </b>).
>> After cleaning, I compared both files side by side in Excel.
>>
>> It seems I was careful enough, with only one keyword forgotten.
>
> Keep in mind, however, that I left out of the Quick Reference some
> obsolete but still acceptable syntax.  For example, the "tiles" texture
> and the blob "component".

Well, they are not in the official quick reference either. I found them on
the documentation, but I won't search everywhere to list them.
I would be interested by such a list, though, we could highlight them in red
to warn they are obsolete.

>>  [snip]
>
> I also had an idea to create a lexer and parser, using ANTLR.  Thought I
> could do it until I realised that several language directives could
> appear just about anywhere, even within float expressions.  Even if one
> wants to attempt the evaluation of conditional expressions and the
> expansion of macros in the parser or lexer itself, defining a grammar
> for POV-Ray is not a trivial task.

Well, I am not so ambitious, I just want to make a syntax highlighting lexer
for Scintilla. Which shouldn't be a big task, as I will derivate it from the
already existing C++ lexer.

--
Philippe Lhoste (Paris -- France)