POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : MIKA POV 4 Windows, editor glitch? : Re: MIKA POV 4 Windows, editor glitch? Server Time
2 Jul 2024 23:43:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MIKA POV 4 Windows, editor glitch?
From: Marc Champagne
Date: 2 Oct 2002 18:39:07
Message: <Xns929BBDD3222B9POVMIKA@204.213.191.226>
"hughes, b." <omn### [at] charternet> wrote in

> Not sure I'm doing exactly as you had done.
>
> If a New file isn't saved first it behaves differently than when
> saved, and you didn't say which language scoping the editor is set to.
> Mines set to POV-Ray and to follow that. Also, the Edit menu Constrain
> Caret to Text matters. What I noticed in checking on this though is
> that the Caret didn't jump to the same character position on line 3.
> If the file isn't saved, meaning it doesn't comply with the settings
> yet I guess, the position shifts left once for each line. If saved
> first then written, the position shifts only at the 3rd line while
> staying aligned for the 1st and 2nd because of the "ABCDEFG" already
> being aligned. When looking at Show White Space the indentation
> appears to be correct. --

Thanks Bob,

I was getting that effect on a saved file with POV-Ray scoping.

"Constrain Caret to Text" did the trick, I have seen this option a many
of times and even looked it up in the help a few times but was unable to
figure out what it meant. (Caret=Cursor).

Marc