POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : MultiThreaded version of PovRay 3.5 : Re: MultiThreaded version of PovRay 3.5 Server Time
5 Jul 2024 09:12:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MultiThreaded version of PovRay 3.5
From: ingo
Date: 14 Sep 2002 10:36:18
Message: <Xns9289A9A98B199seed7@povray.org>
in news:3d833d4b$1@news.povray.org Thorsten Froehlich wrote:

> While we all usually think more or less of POV-Ray as being hard to
> modify for multithreading,

How about microthreading?
http://www.eecs.umich.edu/~stever/pubs/isca99.pdf

There used to be a stackless version of Python that did microthreading
 http://www.stackless.com/
 http://willware.net:8080/uthread.html

Although I don't understand most of this kind of stuff there are some
aspects to it that made me wonder, would it be possible to do such a thing
to POV-Ray and if so would it be usefull

Ingo