POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : About THAT idea... : Re: About THAT idea... Server Time
5 Aug 2024 18:21:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: About THAT idea...
From: Rafal 'Raf256' Maj
Date: 12 Sep 2002 19:58:38
Message: <Xns9288136A0D264raf256com@204.213.191.226>
Christopher James Huff <chr### [at] maccom> wrote in
news:chr### [at] netplexaussieorg

> Environment mapping is a hack designed to simulate reflection for

Pointless discusion if You do not want to comment this 3 arguments for
env_map I gave, AFAIR at least 1 person agree it might be
usefull/interesting.

> Extended file format? Readable by what?

by
  ifstream f("c:/images/test.txt);
  float r,g,b,id;
  f>>r>>g>>b>>id;
?
Put this in x*y loop, and convert into any format, or use in game as sprite
with different i.e. hit regions.

> The reason nobody else is interested is that you are the only one who
> think your ideas are good.

---- 8< ------------------------------------
I read your article in the povray newsgroup about providing a customized
output file format. The problem you formulated is exactly the problem I
have! And I also browsed the source codes in order to adjust the program.
[...]
P.S. Do you have any other idea of which rendering software to use in order
to obtain (or better: keep) the 3d information which is lost when you get
the 2d output only?
---- 8< ------------------------------------

> And your refusal to actually work on POV  comes across as arrogance. With
> the quality of your suggestions

No, maybe I didn't put it clear - I do want write code for POV but I know
that I will have problems with attaching my code to huge code ogf POV and I
will need help with that.

> You really have no idea how software is developed, do you?

Actualy I do work in software company, but I mostly I develop stand-alone
programs / modules so I must agree that I don't have practical exeprience
with putting code written by many persons togeather.

Hmm maybe a little utility .txt -> .bmp that will show possibiliteis of
that format ?

--
#macro g(U,V)(.4*abs(sin(9*sqrt(pow(x-U,2)+pow(y-V,2))))*pow(1-min(1,(sqrt(
pow(x-U,2)+pow(y-V,2))*.3)),2)+.9)#end#macro p(c)#if(c>1)#local l=mod(c,100