POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Lightsetting for Lego Ferrari : Re: Lightsetting for Lego Ferrari Server Time
3 Jul 2024 06:57:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lightsetting for Lego Ferrari
From: Thomas van der Veen
Date: 6 Sep 2002 08:14:40
Message: <Xns928186AEBB6E8veentukibmcom@204.213.191.226>
"Lars C. Hassing" <lar### [at] ofirdk> wrote in

> Actually I think the tires look pretty shiny in e.g
> http://library.brickshelf.com/scans/2000/2556/2556-01.html
> http://library.brickshelf.com/scans/2000/2556/2556-24.html
> Some car salesmen spray (used) tires to make them look "fresh" and
> shiny, perhaps the photograher did too?
> In real life they seem more dull and and without reflections.

Hmmmm on the picuteres the tyres are indeed a bit shiny, but still not as
shiny as they are on the render. I have 8448 at home and the tyres on that
are not as shiny as they are on the picture in my imagination (I will have
a look to night) I have a 8466 as well and the tyres on that one are
certainly very dull and not shiny.

> So, how do you make a good rubber texture/material?

Good question.... I think you might want to look at the a file called
finish.inc in pov and there is a predefined setting called "dull", Maybe
that is good starting point. I am be no means an expert on textures, maybe
some of the people here in the news group can help you.

Thomas