POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Label on a Jar : Re: Label on a Jar Server Time
5 Aug 2024 14:16:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Label on a Jar
From: MIKA
Date: 2 Sep 2002 18:35:48
Message: <Xns927DBC99CACCMIKAJustMeInc@204.213.191.226>
"Andrew Wilcox" <pov### [at] unpuzzledcom> wrote in

> I'm adding an image map to a glass cylinder as a label on a jar.  The
> label however does not wrap around the entire jar.  It's very small.
> If I use cylindrical mapping, it warps the small label around the
> entire jar, and I'm not sure how to unwarp it back to proper size.  If
> I use planar mapping, I get a label on both sides of the jar, since
> the planer extends in the z direction infinitely.
>
> What are my options here?  Am I missing something?
>
> Andrew Wilcox

Just imagine that your jar label is part of a bigger transparent label.

when designing your jar label, design it on a larger image of which is
completely filled with the color (lets say index 0 of your bit-mapped
image palette) and use the following in your image_map declaration
(filter 0,1)

Marc