POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Mike Miller : Re: Mike Miller Server Time
8 Aug 2024 18:21:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mike Miller
From: MIKA
Date: 24 Aug 2002 23:38:55
Message: <Xns9274F00443CE2MIKAJustMeInc@204.213.191.226>
Fabien Mosen <fab### [at] skynetbe> wrote in
news:3A5### [at] skynetbe:

> Alan Kong wrote:
>>   I've got the official POV-Ray CD-ROM (Walnut Creek) and this may
>> include some of Mike's work. Is that the disk you have, Fabien? I'll
>> take a look sometime today. What day is today, anyway? Just kidding.
>
> Here's the directory listing of what I got.  If someone is interested,
> I'll post them in pbs-f.  There is no notice, so the scenes are
> "for study purposes only", logically.  Some of these scenes are almost
> 10 years old !!!

Hi Fabien,

(gosh 10 years already!)

I would be interested in K:\RIMAGES\MILLER\CAMERA, if you don't mind.

I remember having studied his camera scene and am trying to remember
how he had done one of his textures.

Do you, or anybody else who happens to read this, know if all CD's that
have been "cut" in the past, pertaining to POVRAY, if they are still
available? I'd like to have em all, if it's possible.

I've been with POV ever since it beginings and have been dabling with
it ever since, it's a great "what can I do tonight" past-time.

I Have never really finished a scene, but have rendered what must be few
thousand of hit-and-misses.

I did make a 13 or so seconds animation of a rubics cube exploding, never
finished it, but was a very satisfying experience.

I had used Quickbasic (DOS) back then to handle the cumulative rotations
and transformations of all the cubes moving about their axis's in space and
had all the scenes rendered on the office's unix boxes via modem (hey! they
had 486DX2's back then and I had a 386)

In case someone asks, I will try to locate my 5-1/4 inch floppies !!!

Thanks a million

Marc Champagne