POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : texture blurring : Re: texture blurring Server Time
5 Aug 2024 22:16:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: texture blurring
From: Rafal 'Raf256' Maj
Date: 20 Jul 2002 10:22:29
Message: <Xns9251A5FD16EACraf256com@204.213.191.226>
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde> wrote in

> Subject: proximity/blur pattern finally adjusted
> http://news.povray.org/3k6e8u0g5po4glog938hommr66jr4cu858@4ax.com

as far as I understand it, this is for creating pattarn basing on object.
It doesnt allow i.e. to take hexagonal pattern and blur it to get a 'gird'
with soft half-tones. Using function can do it (for monohrome patterns)

> Subject: Smoothly Blurred Patterns - blur2.jpeg (1/1)
> http://news.povray.org/chrishuff-DB4B16.12234405032001@news.povray.org

this looks like this wat I suggested , but it's a path

Is there sens to make better version of my blur (gauss), or should I rather
wait for author of path finishes it (and maybe include to new PovRay) ?

--

> A jedyne co czytam, ze to terrorysci internetowi z echelonu planuja
> kolejny atak na centrale TPSA
- Expert vel Jacek (obecnie gol### [at] pocztaonetpl)