POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : spot_light : spot_light Server Time
5 Aug 2024 22:18:09 EDT (-0400)
  spot_light
From: Rafal 'Raf256' Maj
Date: 19 Jul 2002 20:11:31
Message: <Xns925115B675FADraf256com@204.213.191.226>
Hi,
I have a cylinder in <0,0,0> with radius _rad and a spot light at
<0,_dist,0> pointing at 0. What should be radius (and falloff) to make
light shine exacly and only on my cylinder (on it's top side) and not on
sorrounding ?

I thought that this would be 90*sin(_rad/_dist) but following example (full
posted to p.b.s-f) shows that it is 57*sin(_rad/_dist)
Why 57.0 ? This number probalby deepends on tightness, what's formula for
it ?

light_source { // SPOT
  <0,_dist,0> color rgb 1
  spotlight  point_at <0,0,0>
  #declare _f = sin(_rad/_dist)*57;
  radius  _f
  falloff _f
  tightness 1
}

--

> A jedyne co czytam, ze to terrorysci internetowi z echelonu planuja
> kolejny atak na centrale TPSA
- Expert vel Jacek (obecnie gol### [at] pocztaonetpl)