POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : layered texture help please : Re: layered texture help please Server Time
5 Aug 2024 22:20:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: layered texture help please
From: Rafal 'Raf256' Maj
Date: 14 Jul 2002 15:51:02
Message: <Xns924BDDB29352Fraf256com@204.213.191.226>
"James Taylor" <jim### [at] blueyondercouk> wrote in

> Hi all,
>
> I'm creating a layered texture and I want one of the layers to blur those
> under it. The overall effect should be similar to adding guassian blur in
> post-processing image software.
> I've tried lots of combinations of pigments and normals but not achieved
> much success. Any ideas?

1. use imag_map - generate texture.bmp (same as HF generation, but in
normal color mode), process it in external program, use image_map in pov :)

2. in case of i.e. sphere :

sphere { 0 5.0001 material { /*glass*/ normal { blur 0.3 scale 0.1 } }

simmilar thing could be probably done for more complex objects.
In glass material I suggest :

texture {
  pigment { color rgbf 1 }
  normal { bozo }