POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : 3.5 for dos : Re: 3.5 for dos Server Time
5 Jul 2024 09:01:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3.5 for dos
From: Rafal 'Raf256' Maj
Date: 25 Jun 2002 14:00:14
Message: <Xns9238CAFADC9F1raf256com@204.213.191.226>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote in news:3d18aee0@news.povray.org:

> Rafal 'Raf256' Maj <raf### [at] raf256com> wrote:
>> You where DJGPP and some-win32 compiler versions, based on same GCC
>> version ?
> I used the official versions, plus a version for DOS compiled with
> DJGPP.
> The latter was the slowest of all three.

I think that if You would use most up-to-date version of DJGPP (and
ofcourse set -O3, loops unroling, inlines etc) this would be as fast as
win32. In adition - ther is afair some other model of memory allocation in
DJGPP that is faster (but results in faster memory fragmentation).

Btw - can I find somwhere ready-to-comile in DJGPP sources of POV ?