POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : absorption media/media attenuation-bug? : Re: absorption media/media attenuation-bug? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:16:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: absorption media/media attenuation-bug?
From: ingo
Date: 8 Mar 2002 02:09:59
Message: <Xns91CB536B5DDE2seed7@povray.org>
in news:3C880122.9C9C0CE4@taconic.net Abe wrote:

> sphere {  0.0, 1 hollow
>   pigment {rgbt 1}

If you change it to :

sphere {  0.0, 1 hollow
   pigment {rgbf 1}

You also get the shadow in 3.1g.
To get no shadow in 3.5 you have to use no_shadow in the object. The
difference in behaviour between rgbf an rgbt that was there in 3.1 was a
bug that is fixed in 3.5. See:
"2.6.14  Changed features that may 'break' old scenes"
and "6.8  Media" near the end.

Also the documentation gives me the impression that  media_interaction
and media_attenuation are for use with atmospheric media only.
"6.5.7.10  Atmospheric Media Interaction" and "6.5.7.11  Atmospheric
Attenuation".
My impression, or the docs, may be wrong here.

Ingo

Ingo