POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Known bugs 15 feb 2002 : Re: Known bugs 15 feb 2002 Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:26:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Known bugs 15 feb 2002
From: Coridon Henshaw
Date: 15 Feb 2002 15:19:39
Message: <Xns91B69BE353C5Bcsbhccse@204.213.191.226>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote in news:3c6d2cee@news.povray.org:

> * Media problem
>   (A visible whitish line appears at the edge of a transparent
>   container box for media. Needs confirmation.)
>   Reported in:
> Media visible container line in front of object
> http://news.povray.org/3bf45a3d@news.povray.org

While I could duplicate this bug on earlier betas, I can no longer
duplicate it with beta 11.  Possibly it got fixed as a side effect of other
changes.

> * CPU time used printing problem
>   (CPU time used not reported in stream when render completes normally.
>   Needs confirmation.)
>   Reported in:
> [win] "cpu time used" not works properly
> http://news.povray.org/llj84uk2findr74u9jpge6dlteqf19c70o@4ax.com

I confirmed this.  Under NT-derived operating systems, the total CPU time
used is not reported in the proper stream if the render completes normally.

> * Prism transformation problem
>   (Conic prism illumination is not correct after certain rotations. Bug
>   status unclear.)
>   Reported in:
> rare conic prism bug
> http://news.povray.org/3C51212E.9090707@irrwerk.de

Over and above the factors (orthographic camera; prism orthagonal to the
camera) I identified in my confirmation, what's unclear about this bug?

The unconfirmed list, BTW, is missing my report that network paths
(\\machine\share) in povray.ini can cause WinPov to crash when opening
#included files.  See <Xns### [at] 204213191226>

Depending on if you're collecting notes on the documentation or not, you
might want to look at <Xns### [at] 204213191226> for a few
comments on how spline is documented.