POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How should single dimension area lights work?? : How should single dimension area lights work?? Server Time
6 Aug 2024 19:33:46 EDT (-0400)
  How should single dimension area lights work??
From: Rich
Date: 11 Feb 2002 23:23:13
Message: <Xns91B2D98E9F637spammindspringcom@204.213.191.226>
Help!  I'm trying to simulate tube lighting, and I'm not understanding
the results I get from a single dimension area light.  Given the following
scene, how come I don't get a line of illumination?

camera {
  location <1, 20, -20>
  direction 1.5*z
  right x*image_width/image_height
  look_at 0
}

light_source {
  <0,1,0> rgb 1
  area_light <20,0,0>,<0,0,1>,20,1
  adaptive 1 jitter
}

plane { y, 0 pigment { color rgb <0,0,1> } }
plane { z, 1 pigment { color rgb <1,0,0> } }

--
Rich Allen
(Remove SPAM from my address to reply by e-mail)