POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV to GIF? : Re: POV to GIF? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 13:17:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV to GIF?
From: ingo
Date: 21 Nov 2001 03:47:56
Message: <Xns916063AE07F63seed7@povray.org>
in news:slr### [at] fwicom Ron Parker wrote:

> netpbm.

Well I tried to use it (and imagemagick) in an ini file and failed.

;conv.ini
;for using the post_frame option to convert images on the fly.

[ngif256]  ;netpbm
Post_Frame_Command=pnmfile %o
Post_Frame_Command=ppmquant -fs 256 %o | ppmtogif > gif.gif

[igif256]  ;imagemagick
Post_Frame_Command=identify -verbose %o
Post_Frame_Command=convert -color 256 -dither %o gif.gif

In both situations the first post frame works, the second fails. The
second works when executed 'by hand' from a commandlinebox.

Also I couldn't figure out how to give the outputfile the 'right' name.
PietjePuk03.ppm >> PietjePuk03.gif

Ingo