POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Additional (?) blob bug : Re: Additional (?) blob bug Server Time
25 Apr 2024 17:50:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Additional (?) blob bug
From: QQ
Date: 8 Sep 2001 14:29:59
Message: <Xns9116937F683B1CQ@204.213.191.226>
"Thomas Lake" <tla### [at] homecom> wrote in news:3b99b42c@news.povray.org:

> I'm really not the one to answer but could it be because when you
> switch D to 2 not only does the sphere get bigger, but the camera moves
> back to 1500 units.

Doubling D doubles both the size of the blob component and the distance
between the blob and the camera.  A object of radius R at distance D will
appear to be the same radius as an object of radius R*2 at distance D*2.
The image should look the same for any value of D.

Try it with a non-blob sphere if you don't believe me.