POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Deformers/displacement? : Deformers/displacement? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 15:17:48 EDT (-0400)
  Deformers/displacement?
From: Jordan
Date: 31 Aug 2001 23:13:51
Message: <Xns910ECE7514772hookflashhotmailcom@204.213.191.226>
Are there plans to implement surface deformation or *real* surface
displacement in povray, or would this be too difficult with parametric
surfaces?  If so, will it be implemented for meshes?  I just think it would
be a neat addition, and I'll bet someone really smart with strong math
skills (ie, not me;-) could even write some clever macros for easy
deformation/displacement/blobbing of primitives using iso surfaces.  Is
this possible?

Jordan