POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : Scripting : Re: Scripting Server Time
2 Jun 2024 01:21:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Scripting
From: Rev  Bob 'Bob' Crispen
Date: 25 Jul 2001 04:05:46
Message: <Xns90E91F7275A7Frevbob@127.0.0.1>
The kindly Rev. overheard "Gail Shaw" <gsh### [at] monotixcoza> saying on
25 Jul 2001:

> #declare i=0;
> #while (i<10)
>     box {<5*i,0,0>,<i,1,1>} box {<-5*i,0,0>,<-i,1,1>} sphere
>     {<0,0,-5*i>,i} #declare i=i+1;
> #end
>
> The pov scripting language is quite powerful on its own

But you're missing the point!  POVRay is *way* too readable.

Now if you had something like:

    	10 0 do 0 0 5 i * i 1 1 box -5 i * 0 0 i negate 1 1 box
      0 0 5 i * sphere loop

*then* you'd have something!

Somebody who's written forth more recently than 15 years ago would no
doubt do it more cryptically.

The same program in APL is two characters, neither of which I have on
my keyboard.
--
Rev. Bob "Bob" Crispen
crispen at hiwaay dot net

Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least
one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can conclude that
every program can be reduced to one instruction which doesn't work.
- fortune