POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Brick wall with height field : Re: Brick wall with height field Server Time
7 Aug 2024 19:20:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Brick wall with height field
From: Rev  Bob 'Bob' Crispen
Date: 22 Jul 2001 15:13:11
Message: <Xns90E690B39BDA3revbob@127.0.0.1>
The kindly Rev. overheard Kari Kivisalo <kki### [at] pphtvfi> saying
on 22 Jul 2001:

> I made a tileable hf from a Marlin Studios sample texture. First it
> didn't work so good because of the internal shading of the texture
> map. When I removed the shadind and added some dirt to distract the
> eye the result was quite good :) Take a look.
>
> http://www.pp.htv.fi/kkivisal/brick.htm

It is indeed.  Love the tree, btw -- did it take forever to render with
that invisible tree in there?
--
Rev. Bob "Bob" Crispen
crispen at hiwaay dot net

Let me tell you what else is in trouble here: the Internet. In the
end, the Internet itself will not be able to survive if it becomes
a haven for illegal activity. - Edgar Bronfman