POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : looking for a box macro : looking for a box macro Server Time
7 Aug 2024 21:17:22 EDT (-0400)
  looking for a box macro
From: Rich
Date: 2 Jun 2001 14:17:19
Message: <Xns90B47D08D42AAspammindspringcom@204.213.191.228>
Hello,
    	What I'm looking for is a macro that will let me specify a height, a
width, and two end points, and which then generates a box of the
appropriate position and orientation.  Basically, I'm looking for a box
object that works like the cylinder object, with end points instead of
opposite corners.
    	I'm trying to make a castle, ya know?  <smile>  I have a bunch of
cylinders with their axis along y, and I need to connect them with walls.
So, I have the center points of the cylinders, and a lack of the math
necessary to come up with the box corners to make the walls.  <sigh>  I'm
hoping someone has already done this and I can be pointed at a URL, but I'm
willing to write the Macro myself if someone can help me out with the math.

--
Rich Allen
(Remove SPAM from my address to reply by e-mail)