POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Mirroring a pigment? : Re: Mirroring a pigment? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 21:23:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mirroring a pigment?
From: ingo
Date: 24 May 2001 18:31:55
Message: <Xns90AC56942998seed7@povray.org>
> And if that axis is not parallel to any of the coordinate axes:
> #local vA=vnormalize(Axis_of_Mirroring);
> matrix [...]

 You know, there are some of these days on the net, I enjoy more than
average, they make me smile in a certain way. It happens sometimes on
the USENET but also on this, relative small, server. For example, a
thread with a peculiar problem is going on a few days;
    1. A day, or two, after you think, everything is said and
explained, Chis Colefax suddenly comes 'crawling from under his stone'.
He gives a simple yet elegant solution to the problem, in a way that
makes all of us hurry, to catch our lower jaw before it hits the
ground.
Or ...
    2. the problem discussed is about some esoteric transformation.
After a possible solution or two published, John VanSickle appears with
4-5 lines of nifty code, containing the word 'matrix'. And then the
'MatrixMan' has the guts to say:
> This is untested, but I'm confident it works.
... and it does, not just for this case but for all related.

I love it,
thank you,

Ingo