POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Holography : Re: Holography Server Time
7 Aug 2024 21:21:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Holography
From: ingo
Date: 14 May 2001 07:12:46
Message: <Xns90A186D23834Aseed7@povray.org>
in news:3affb136@news.povray.org Nekar Xenos wrote:

> What I'd need to know is if photon's work realistically enough to
> test the functionality of lenses.

Works quite good. Did a few simple things like making a 'paralell' beam
and a slide projector.

> And then there is the question
> of the exact shape of a lens and the location of it's focal point
> and how to model a lens in Pov.

Unless you want to use a-spherical lenses it's mostly simple
sphere-sphere difference and intersection and sphere-box difference.
You'll need to know the lens-makers formula to find the appropriate
radii and ior for the lens.

Ingo