POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Fast poligonal solids? : Re: Fast poligonal solids? Server Time
8 Aug 2024 06:12:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fast poligonal solids?
From: Rich
Date: 6 May 2001 22:53:19
Message: <Xns9099D47F32157spammindspringcom@204.213.191.228>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote in <3af5d371@news.povray.org>:

> Rich <SrP### [at] ricoswebcom> wrote:
>: Considering the fact that the bounded plane intersection
>: versions are CSG-able
>
>   The mesh is as well. If you look closely you will see a 'inside_vector'
> in it.
>
>   Could you post a small example showing these speed differences?

I posted the source to my GlassSpheres image last week; that's the scene
I've been using to test other shapes as well.  I've made some changes to
that code, allowing the polyhedra to be scaled, rather than having a sphere
created at the correct size, but other than that the code is the same.

--
Rich Allen
(Remove SPAM from my address to reply by e-mail)