POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Fast poligonal solids? : Re: Fast poligonal solids? Server Time
8 Aug 2024 06:20:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fast poligonal solids?
From: Rich
Date: 5 May 2001 12:42:19
Message: <Xns90986CE7C5D5Espammindspringcom@204.213.191.228>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote in <3af3e40b@news.povray.org>:

>   Here is a unit-sized dodecahedron mesh definition ("unit-sized"
<snip>
>   The vertex coordinates were taken from this interesting page:
> http://www.rwgrayprojects.com/rbfnotes/polyhed/polycoor.html

Thanks for that URL, very interesting!  I've copied parts of it to my hard
drive for later study.

Unfortunately, the mesh didn't do much better than the bounded plane
intersection dodecahedrons.  When plugged into my GlassSpheres scene, the
mesh dodecs rendered in 1h3m, spheres were 1h2m, and the bounded dodecs
were 1h13m.  Considering the fact that the bounded plane intersection
versions are CSG-able, I can live with the slightly longer render times.

Thanks again for everyone's help!

--
Rich Allen
(Remove SPAM from my address to reply by e-mail)