POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Fast poligonal solids? : Re: Fast poligonal solids? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 23:24:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fast poligonal solids?
From: Rich
Date: 3 May 2001 19:02:54
Message: <Xns9096AD6DC7321spammindspringcom@204.213.191.228>
Mike Williams <mik### [at] nospamplease> wrote in
<Cjf### [at] econymdemoncouk>:

> Try this:-
>
> #include "shapes.inc"
> #include "shapes2.inc"
>
> #declare Bounded_Dodecahedron = object {Dodecahedron
>    bounded_by {sphere {0,1.26}}
> }

  Thanks for that explanation!  I had discarded manual bounding as an
option without even trying it, since I didn't know POV wasn't auto-bounding
these objects.  I'll try your suggestion out while I'm looking for mesh
versions of the solids.  Thanks again!

--
Rich Allen
(Remove SPAM from my address to reply by e-mail)