POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Hi from DKBTrace author : Re: Hi from DKBTrace author Server Time
8 Aug 2024 16:18:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hi from DKBTrace author
From: Hookflash
Date: 25 Jan 2001 19:39:16
Message: <Xns9034A91E11E77hookflashhotmailcom@204.213.191.228>
Chris Huff <chr### [at] maccom> wrote in <chrishuff-I was replying to didn't
seem to understand that.

>What I can't understand is the problem with MegaPOV or the other
>unofficial versions...or why he doesn't like the idea that POV source
>code isn't allowed to be used in anything but POV, or that distributing
>crippled versions isn't allowed.
>And the insistence on complaining in spite of a public announcement that
>the POV Team is considering a different, possibly Open Source license is
>a bit strange.

Hey, I'm not complaining.  I've stated several times that I love PovRay and
appreciate the work that the PovTeam is doing.  Perhaps I was just airing
my opinions too harshly (I have a tendency to do that... People often tell
me I'm opninionated;-).  Anyways, my love for PovRay far outweighs my
dislike for it's license, which is why I've decided to stop mentioning it.
Also, after a reread of the license and some consideration of the replies
to my original message, I suppose the license isn't that bad.

"Strangely", Hookflash

<><