POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Hi from DKBTrace author : Re: Hi from DKBTrace author Server Time
8 Aug 2024 18:20:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hi from DKBTrace author
From: Hookflash
Date: 21 Jan 2001 22:41:18
Message: <Xns9030C804464C3hookflashhotmailcom@204.213.191.228>
>If you've read the documentation you'd realise that POV-Ray *does* have
>a commercial value and that what you just said isn't true.
>
>There are funds to steal, and there is intellectual property to steal.
>
>--
>Lance.
>
>http://come.to/the.zone

I said that PovRay was freeware, whereas 3DS Max is a commercial *product*.
Whether or not PovRay has "commercial value" is irrelevant to our
discussion, since PovRay is not being sold as a commercial product.  Also,
the intellectual property cannot be stolen since it's freely available for
download.

Hookflash