POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Hi from DKBTrace author : Re: Hi from DKBTrace author Server Time
8 Aug 2024 20:21:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hi from DKBTrace author
From: Hookflash
Date: 21 Jan 2001 19:28:27
Message: <Xns9030A7504BE11hookflashhotmailcom@204.213.191.228>
>I don't recall mentioning trouble. And I don't think anyone would
>start causing trouble. There are moral issues involved, though.

Sorry, misinterpretation on my part.

>The POV Team members work on POV in whatever free time they can steal
>from making a living and having a real life. They are doing it for
>free. How would you feel if you were in their position and people keep
>asking why development is slow? Think about it.

Well, you have to admit, development *is* slow... I'm not trying to be
rude, I'm just stating a fact.  Development would be *much* faster if Pov's
license were like Linux's.  Yeah, we'd have a bunch of different versions
of Pov, and some of them would be commercial, but I don't see that as such
a bad thing.  I love the direction Linux is taking.  On the other hand, I
do love PovRay, and I appreciate the work the developers are doing; I just
want what's best for PovRay.

Hookflash