POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Wiki? : Re: Wiki? Server Time
8 Aug 2024 14:20:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wiki?
From: ingo
Date: 13 Dec 2000 12:29:15
Message: <Xns9009BEEE9seed7@povray.org>
Steve wrote:

>So what you're saying is that the people who post here don't use
>accurate subject lines, ...

No. Not everybody has the possibilities / capabilities to do a thorrow
search in a newsgroup.
Sorry Steve, but I'm having a little :) here, thank you for proving my
point altough you intended otherwise (see Ron' post
<slr### [at] fwicom>).

>... these same people would be adding the content
>to the web space that you talk of (probably adding zipped up code that
>you can't search).

I have no idea if it's possible to do that.

>Again same as I said above, but I am able to search the whole messages
>and groups and clusters/sets of groups (but this is no place to harp
>on about a superior OS).

It's more a matter of abilities and decision of the user. I decided to
keep nothing from this server on my machine because of my current lack of
space. When I'm looking for something, the newsserver can search the
headers, on a per group basis, for me.
On a side note: in real life I encounter many people that are completely
WWW oriented and have never used USENET. It scares them somehowe and a
private newsserver is even more scary?

>I'll have a look for the stuff on bicubic_patches for you and report
>back to this thread.

Ingo