POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Wiki? : Wiki? Server Time
8 Aug 2024 14:17:44 EDT (-0400)
  Wiki?
From: ingo
Date: 12 Dec 2000 14:49:15
Message: <Xns9008DE723seed7@povray.org>
Yesterday evening two non related things happend, Warp posted "A small
problem with the VFAQ" and I had my first encounter with a WikiWikiWeb.

It took until this morning, on my bicycle to work, for the coin to drop.
The VFAQ, the french tutorial project, the discussions earlier this year
about setting up a macro/inc.file repository, the texture repository etc.
The discussion on the restyling of the Pov-ray site.

How about setting up a Pov-ray WikiWikiWeb.

For those who don't know (I didn't until yesterday), a WikiWikiWeb is a
site that can be editet by everybody. You can submit your own text, edit
somebody elses text (pages can be locked though) etc.

The mother WikiWikiWeb:
http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?WelcomeVisitors

Info:
http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?WikiWikiWeb

another example:
http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/1

I have no idea how much it would take of the Pov-ray server, or how much
effort it takes for the maintainer of the site.
I think it would be an excelent place for a "community driven" and
"available source" piece of "free" software.

Ingo