POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : how to animate water? : Re: how to animate water? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:29:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: how to animate water?
From: Peter Popov
Date: 21 Jan 2000 16:18:23
Message: <XcuIOEamEc0XeezoFyRUydqpXj5Y@4ax.com>
On Fri, 21 Jan 2000 08:51:00 -0500, "Steven Durham"
<ste### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:

>Thanks Spock for the code fragment, it gives me a good place to start, and
>thanks Mark for the great link. Peter, I can see I have a lot more studying
>to do, I only understood about One word in three, but thanks for showing me
>what to start studying
>
>Steven

I usually try to give a pointer rather than code or links. My online
time is limited and testing code or looking for links is hence not my
game. Besides, I think the best way to learn is by trying :) Therefore
I arranged the four options in my apply by increasing difficulty (ok,
someone may want to swap 2 and 3) so that when you inevitably want to
improve the look of your picture (there is no such thing as a
perfectly complete scene :) ) you may try another, harder (and
usually) and more realistic approach. This counts for many aspects of
POVing, as you will surely find out.

And Steven, we all have a lot more studying to do. Even if one excels
in POV (and I doubt there is anyone who can claim that :) ) there will
always be one more utility to try, patch to play with or just a new
technique to implement.

Feel free to ask for help whenever you think you need it, and happy
POVing.

Peter Popov
pet### [at] usanet
ICQ: 15002700