POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : What is wrong with this? : Re: What is wrong with this? Server Time
4 Jul 2024 13:12:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What is wrong with this?
From: Peter Popov
Date: 5 Sep 1999 08:46:41
Message: <X2=SN5wz4tdE67BdGUze+A56jDFv@4ax.com>
On Sun, 05 Sep 1999 03:18:59 -0400, Matt Giwer
<mgi### [at] giwersworldorg> wrote:

<snip>
>	BTW: Has anyone identified the parser used and where to find the
>specs for it?

The parser is Chris Young's job, and a good one at that. I find his
code so easy to read and understand, mainly because of the use of
macros like EXPECT etc. And I am not really a programmer, mind you. A
couple of weeks ago I tried to make a parser with YACC for a program I
am writing and liked the ease, but when it came to tweaking the code
it generated, brrrrr! The POV parser OTOH has been designed to allow
for easy modification of existing and addition of new features, at
least this is the way I see it. I hope this answers your question.

Peter Popov
ICQ: 15002700