POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Any way to avoid repeated parsing? : Re: Any way to avoid repeated parsing? Server Time
11 Aug 2024 09:21:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Any way to avoid repeated parsing?
From: Alan Kong
Date: 22 Sep 1999 23:02:38
Message: <WpbpN=NviTF8KzoQpZahTw4g7UP7@4ax.com>
On 22 Sep 1999 17:43:27 -0400, par### [at] fwicom (Ron Parker) wrote:

>As for how to get patches into the official version, I'm not
>sure there is an official documented method...

  There isn't any standard routine that is followed to integrate a user
patch into the Official. It helps if the author, or an interested third
party, can compile an executable and make it available, along with some form
of rudimentary documentation for the patch. Technical support for this
patched version could take place on this server. Come to think of it,
doesn't this procedure some a bit familiar, Ron?

  User patches are more likely to be integrated into the Official POV-Ray
if:

1) the patched version proves to be popular among other POV-Ray enthusiasts,
and...

2) the bugs are worked out by newsgroup feedback and technical support from
the author.

--
news.povray.org - where POV-Ray enthusiasts around the world can get