POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Human modeling : Re: Human modeling Server Time
3 Aug 2024 22:15:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Human modeling
From: Mike Williams
Date: 17 Sep 2003 13:26:12
Message: <VZUZYDAKp$Z$EwfN@econym.demon.co.uk>
Wasn't it JC (Exether) who wrote:
>As far as I know the best one for POVRay is Poser.
>By the way, is there any Poser free copy somewhere on the net, I heard
>that Poser 4 had been released free, but never could find a copy.

It's unlikely that any version of Poser would be available for download,
because it's a bit large. The free version of Poser3 is 139Mb, plus 70Mb
of tutorial files and 33Mb of extra content. Look for P3 on magazine
discs.

I've not heard of P4 being given away free. There have been extremely
restricted demo versions on magazine discs. In particular the demo
version doesn't contain any of the P4 models. Many people prefer P4 or
P4pro to P5, because P5 is considerably slower and harder to learn to
use, so I'd expect there to still be a market for P4.

--
Mike Williams
Gentleman of Leisure