POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : What software do *YOU* open and edit 48bpp images with? : What software do *YOU* open and edit 48bpp images with? Server Time
8 Jul 2024 18:20:44 EDT (-0400)
  What software do *YOU* open and edit 48bpp images with?
From: Glen Berry
Date: 11 Sep 2001 13:01:46
Message: <UUGeO2+lfRigGcT=HKxECjb0RrNf@4ax.com>
Ok, after getting a good dose of negative comments about trying to
make POV-Ray and Photoshop more compatible, in regards to 48bpp
images, I have one burning question in my mind:

What image editor (available for Windows) will open and properly edit
a POV-Ray 48bpp image?

By "properly", I mean it will open the image in 48bpp mode, not 24bpp.
It will be able to perform "curves" and "levels" operations on the
48bpp  image. It offers a 24bpp preview on my monitor. It can convert
the 48bpp image to a standard 24bpp file, after I am done tweaking the
curves or levels.

So what software do I use? What software do *you* use?

I'd really like to know.

Thanks,
Glen