POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : mutiple trees with Povtree/Tomtree : Re: mutiple trees with Povtree/Tomtree Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:25:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: mutiple trees with Povtree/Tomtree
From: Mike Williams
Date: 23 Jun 2005 08:03:19
Message: <TNP3sGA6TquCFwAU@econym.demon.co.uk>
Wasn't it MontanaSteve who wrote:
>I just aquired Povtree and Tomtree and am quite pleased with the generated
>trees.
>There is one problem though. not too often do you see just one tree all
>alone,  except in some parts of Montana. I have tried everything to make
>more trees. I have copied the entire lines calling the tree. And I have put
>the call in a #declare statement and used object{Mytree}.
>nothing will result in more than one tree. Can anyone tell me how to make a
>forest  or even a grove, etc? Thank you.

Perhaps you've managed to achieve multiple trees, but they're all placed
at exactly the same location and therefore look like one tree. Add a
different translate for each copy of the tree. Adding a rotate and a
scale wouldn't hurt if you want to try to disguise the fact that the
trees are identical.

object {MyTree}
object {MyTree scale <1,1.2,1> rotate <0,27,0> translate <2,0,0>}
object {MyTree scale <1.2,1,1.1> rotate <0,73,0> translate <-2,0,1>}

--
Mike Williams
Gentleman of Leisure