POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Cinematic-Quality explosion (made with PovRay!) : Re: Cinematic-Quality explosion (made with PovRay!) Server Time
20 May 2024 08:19:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cinematic-Quality explosion (made with PovRay!)
From: David Parrott
Date: 14 Feb 2000 13:48:03
Message: <Sb5RrCA0p1p4Iw6L@quayles1.demon.co.uk>
In article <38A729B3.EF1E00F2@fci.net>, H.E. Day <hed### [at] fcinet> writes
>I did it. Yes indeed.  Here is a demo animation of the real explosion!
>I (and everyone else) had been looking at the problem of a realistic
>explosion in the wrong way.  Media requires massive amounts of rendering
>time.  Do I use media in this? Not a single bit.  It's one isosurface!
>(I knew they were good for something ;)  So warm your hands by it's fire
>and let me know how it looks to you!
>
>By the way, a preliminary source is available at p.b.s-f!
>--
>H.E. Day
>

>[ A MIME video / avi part was included here. ]

I have never got hold of or used MegaPOV or the Superpatch so I know
precisely nothing about isosurfaces. However I do know a good animation
when I see one and when I saw the my jaw dropped. all I can say is
WOW!!! Absolutely amazing, just because of this I am now going to get
your source and MegaPOV!
--
  David Parrott    E-mail: xam### [at] quayles1demoncouk
                      ICQ: 13313977