POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : rendering error - problem with "camera" : Re: rendering error - problem with "camera" Server Time
26 Sep 2024 17:44:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: rendering error - problem with "camera"
From: Mike Williams
Date: 5 Mar 2005 10:51:29
Message: <SaTHpBAYTdKCFwRL@econym.demon.co.uk>
Wasn't it codium who wrote:
>When I try to render this file:
>
>============================
>#include "colors.inc"
>
>background { color Cyan }
>camera {

>       }
>sphere {

>light_source { <2, 4, -3> color White}
>
>============================
>
>I get:
>
>Parse Error: Illegal character in input file, value is ca.
>File teste1.pov line 10
>
>The include path is set to the default include folder, and i'm using the Mac
>version of POV-Ray.
>
>I'm just a newbie, but I'd like to understand what I'm doing wrong...

Some of the characters that look like spaces are some other weird
character. There's lots of them.

What you can do is to globally replace that weird character with space.
Try this:

Use the mouse to highlight the first character on the line that says
        look_at <0, 1, 2>
press Control-H to bring up the Replace dialogue. Leave the thing that
looks like a space in the [Find] box and type a real space into the
[Replace] box. Click [Replace all].

The try to avoid doing whatever you did to get those bogus charaters in
there in the first place.

--
Mike Williams
Gentleman of Leisure