POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV *ity test.. : Re: POV *ity test.. Server Time
11 Aug 2024 03:24:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV *ity test..
From: Peter Popov
Date: 1 Nov 1999 01:26:58
Message: <SSkdOGUnKzPnlTsYBGKmT=vectem@4ax.com>
On Sun, 31 Oct 1999 18:31:02 -0500, Alex Vandiver <van### [at] tiacnet>
wrote:

>> Other additions are welcome. Alex, will you mind if I take over
>> putting this test in a more organised form? Everyone: will you give me
>> your permission to use your contributions?
>
>Go for it.  I've a feeling that many people have been compiling small
>personal lists of their own.  Be careful that you don't overlap too much
>with YKYBRTLW list. :) Also, an interesting scoring system has gotta be
>invented.. I happen to like my sphere{0,1 pigment {rgb 0}} scheme, but
>anything will do.  Numbers are just so boring; it should be a little more
>appropriate, no?
>-Alex

I'm working on the scoring system. Any advice on the different
"grades" names and respective scores? Something along the lines of:

0%     Illiterate -- "You're pov? Are you folks unemployed?"
0-39%  Newbee     -- "Where'd my sphere go?"
40-49% Artist     -- "Here's another vase image"
  (ok, ok, maybe not that personal :) I'll think of something else)
50-59% Experienced-- "Only 255 entries in pigment_map?!"
60-69% Advanced   -- "What do you think of my macro?"
70-79% Nerd       -- "Hey, if you remove this line media gets smooth!"
80-89% Guru       -- "I just put all patches into one, interested?"
90-99% Nutcake    -- ... (no real example, help anyone?)
100%   A Raytracing God -- "Let there be light_source!"

I am beginning to collect all entries in this list in a file. Please
come up with any suggestions for question. I will collect entries
until the 15th of November and then post the list here. Please people,
help make this test as good as it can be!

Peter Popov
ICQ: 15002700