POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Animation at all.. : Re: Animation at all.. Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:22:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Animation at all..
From: David Parrott
Date: 21 Nov 1999 17:28:39
Message: <RjujZEA10GO4IwRE@quayles1.demon.co.uk>
In article <38382C15.529E0DA7@pacbell.net>, Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet>
writes
>I personaly
>like to use the ini file method. If you try this open the master povray.ini
>file from the tools menu and add the following lines:
>
>;clock=1
>;Initial_Frame=1
>;Final_Frame=20
>;Cyclic_Animation = on
>;Subset_Start_Frame=6
>;Subset_End_Frame=9
>
>Save the file and close it. When you need to use the animation feature
>simply go in and edit the povray.ini file and uncomment out the functions
>you want to use. At a minimum you will need to use the initial_frame and
>final_frame option to make it work. Once you have stopped rendering your
>series of frames be sure to comment out the clock variables in the ini
>file.

I personally do not like to use the master POV .ini file.  I create an
.ini file for each animation that I create and have things in it like
The input and output file names, the first and last frame, first and
last clock value, and the height and width of the image.  However I was
set on finding out how to do animations so I used the docs (well it
shows some of us newbies read them!) the look up the settings.

However that is about as far as my animations go, I have no idea how
people do the complex animations, the complexity of mine stand at a
spinning cube.  If you have any for using straight POV (i.e. not
ClockMod) for complex animations I would be very grateful.
  \  \/  / |__ \| \/\/ ||__ \    Email: xam### [at] quayles1demoncouk
   >    <  / _  |      |/ _  |     ICQ: 13313977
  /  /\  \| |_| | |\/| | |_| | Website: <Temporarily Removed>
           Hobbies: C programming, Raytracing, MUDding