POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : While we are talking about changes : Re: While we are talking about changes Server Time
10 Aug 2024 11:24:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: While we are talking about changes
From: crewman
Date: 14 Mar 2000 19:01:35
Message: <Pine.LNX.4.10.10003141548460.23081-100000@belial.reno.nv.us>
On Tue, 14 Mar 2000, Ken wrote:

> cre### [at] belialrenonvus wrote:
>
> > so my method of making ALL my objects at 0,0,0 and then translating them
> > where I want them is umm....non-standard?:) (I swear I make everything at
> > 0,0,0 then translate and rotate to where it looks right) I find it easier
> > but then hehehe :)
>
> Not at all. Your method has considerable merit and is quite popular.
> There are a lot of good reasons for specifying objects at the origin
> and then manipulating them from there.

Good!:) btw since we're kinda on the subject, how can I shorten the
box {<-0.5,-0.5,-0.5>,<0.5,0.5,0.5> }

see I always make my boxes that big then scale the suckers to whatever I'm
doing, the thing is typing all those 0.5's can be tiring (I get around
that with cut and paste, but still if there is some shortform...I'd love
to know it :)