POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : linking problems with POV-Ray 3.50c and Solaris : Re: linking problems with POV-Ray 3.50c and Solaris Server Time
8 Jul 2024 18:42:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: linking problems with POV-Ray 3.50c and Solaris
From: Dennis Clarke
Date: 15 Apr 2003 01:59:34
Message: <Pine.GSO.4.53.0304150156320.20603@blastwave>
On Fri, 4 Apr 2003, Thorsten Froehlich wrote:
>In article <Pine.GSO.4.53.0304040400240.5294@blastwave> , Dennis Clarke
><dcl### [at] blastwaveorg>  wrote:
>
>> ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to povray
>>
>> Every object file is optimized for 32bit SPARC V8plus UltraSparc with no Linux
>> or Intel components in the fray.  Just some linking problems ...
>
>Looks like you are missing the C++ runtime library or something like that.
>
>    Thorsten

 Actually things are moving along neatly now.  I have the build process down
 to a very deterministic procedure and am messing with compiler options to
 create a 64-bit binary.  I expect that the binary will be for the UltraSparc
 and it will be 64-bit.  I have no idea how well it will perform.  I expect
 that www.blastwave.org will have a package with multiple architecture revs
 ready to go .. real soon now.

 Dennis Clarke
 dcl### [at] blastwaveorg