POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Modeling complicated objects in POV-Ray : Re: Modeling complicated objects in POV-Ray Server Time
10 Aug 2024 01:26:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Modeling complicated objects in POV-Ray
From: Peter Popov
Date: 27 Mar 2000 18:22:53
Message: <POzfOBclcGzgXuL4XVuaeAuoKOY6@4ax.com>
On Mon, 27 Mar 2000 22:46:28 -0000, bjj### [at] zzzmmediais (Bjorn
Jonsson) wrote:

<snip>
>And so on, I have written about 5-7 such utilities in recent weeks. I
>use the results from them primarily in POV's union and difference
>statements. Non-programmers can't create utilities like this (and
>calculating something like this on e.g. a pocket calculator is extremely
>tedious) so I'm wondering if I'm missing something, are utilities like
>this available somewhere (if that is the case then *that's* what I've
>missed ;-), are you using such utilities or is what I'm doing unusual in
>some way (I don't think so) ?

If you could turn those (really useful!) utilities into povray macros,
I am sure many people will be thankful for making their lives a tad
easier. About your question, I would usually use a macro for such
tasks because it spares some trouble with switching consoles, copying
& pasting etc.

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] usanet